The Great Commission
“Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’” (Matthew 28:16-20).
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The vision of Man in the Mirror (MIM) is to see Jesus’ Great Commission become a reality by helping every church disciple every man. This position is part of a national movement to equip 30,000 churches to collectively disciple 10,000,000 new men in the next decade. Specifically, each Affiliated Area Director will provide churches in their defined region with consultative expertise, leveraging the tools and resources developed by Man in the Mirror including the No Man Left Behind model, the Journey to Biblical Manhood and other intentional men’s discipleship strategies.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Assess the current situation: Prayerfully conduct a thorough study of the local church community and its various ministries in your area. Identify the churches that are ready to engage immediately with our ministry and others worth pursuing right away for near-term engagement. Begin to serve additional church leaders in the community to build meaningful relationships with the intention of engaging them as partners over time.
- Work with the MIM National Field Director: Affiliated Area Directors will be supervised by the National Field Director on MIM-related activities.
- Connect with key leaders in churches: Prayerfully identify and recruit leaders within individual churches whom you can equip and support in discipling men in their church/community.
- Recruit churches: Proactively connect with and engage church leaders and pastors regarding the benefits and opportunities related to discipling men in the local church. Maintain an ongoing relationship with church leaders to impact their men’s discipleship efforts.
- Communicate/Consult/Design/Implement: Effectively coach leaders in how to implement the principles of No Man Left Behind. Coach church leaders in the use of The Journey to Biblical Manhood and other tools/resources (based on their needs) and provide ongoing consultative services including resource identification, training, encouragement and feedback as needed.
- Build and maintain a meaningful network: Continue to build meaningful relationships with churches, and provide ongoing information, assistance and support. Serve as an engaging role model and reliable, capable resource. Be active in discipling men and leaders in the community.
- Spiritual Life: Continue a vital and consistent daily dependence on Jesus Christ. Be a member in good-standing of your local church. If married, maintain a solid and consistent relationship with your spouse. Be engaged with men on a regular basis to help them grow and also so they can help you maintain your own faith relationship with Christ.
- Measure/ROI/Results: Be accountable for solid execution against your goals/targets and implementation plans, and demonstrate these results through pre- and post-church assessments and ongoing status/progress reports.
- Organization: Build and maintain transparent, collaborative, and effective working relationships with the leadership in your ministry/organization and the leadership team at Man in the Mirror. Attend all training, webinars and national conferences. Be responsive in areas of reporting and communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A passion for and experience with ministry to men within the local church; preferably in a leadership role.
- High biblical standards of leadership, integrity, morality and faithfulness.
- Willing to focus on essentials and not emphasize or champion points of theology outside our statement of faith; sensitive to denominational differences.
- Results-oriented and a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Has a professional presence and poise; conveys credibility and commands attention.
- An independent thinker who also values collective IQ and collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an engaging communication style.
- Relates well to and effectively demonstrates genuine care for people.
The Affiliated Area Director is responsible for his own office environment provided by his existing ministry. The Affiliated Area Director will provide part-time support on this initiative and balance his work with his existing ministry.
- Already belongs to a successful 501(c)3 ministry or organization.
- Successfully commissioned as a Field Rep.
- Satisfy background checks.
- Requires no compensation, no benefits and no reimbursement for expenses.
- Review and sign the MIM Statement of Faith, Guiding Principles, Intellectual Property Agreement and the Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Possess a reliable car insured to the minimum extent required by Man in the Mirror and a current driver’s license
Near-Term Goal: Help 20 or more churches disciple 30 new men each within the first three years (within denominational or geographical boundaries) by implementing the Journey to Biblical Manhood or other intentional men’s discipleship strategies.