The Great Commission
“Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:16-20).
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The vision of Man in the Mirror (MIM) is to see Jesus’ Great Commission become a reality by helping every church disciple every man. This position is part of a national movement to equip 30,000 churches to collectively disciple 1,000,000 new men in the next decade. Specifically, each Field Representative will voluntarily help churches in their community increase their effectiveness in reaching and discipling men by using Man in the Mirror products and resources like No Man Left Behind (leadership training) and The Journey to Biblical Manhood.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
Major Responsibilities – under the direction of the Regional Director, National Field Director or National Ministry Consultant:
- Connect with key leaders in churches: Prayerfully identify and recruit leaders within individual churches whom you can equip and support in discipling men in their church/community.
- Communicate/Consult/Design/Implement: Effectively coach leaders in how to implement the principles of No Man Left Behind. Coach church leaders in the use of The Journey to Biblical Manhood and other tools/resources (based on their needs) and provide ongoing consultative services including resource identification, training, encouragement and feedback as needed.
- Spiritual Life: Continue a vital and consistent daily dependence on Jesus Christ. Be a member in good-standing of your local church. If married, maintain a solid and consistent relationship with your spouse. Be engaged with men on a regular basis to help them grow and also so they can help you maintain your own faith relationship with Christ.
- Organization: Build and maintain transparent, collaborative and effective working relationships with the leadership and other field staff at Man in the Mirror. Attend all training, webinars and national conferences. Be responsive in the areas of reporting and communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A passion for and experience with ministry to men within the local church; preferably in a leadership role.
- High biblical standards of leadership, integrity, morality and faithfulness.
- Can focus on essentials and be able and willing to not emphasize or champion points of theology outside our statement of faith; sensitive to denominational differences.
- Convey creditability, command attention, and demonstrate professional presence and poise. Relate well to and effectively demonstrate genuine care for people.
- Willing to focus on essentials and not emphasize or champion points of theology outside our statement of faith; sensitive to denominational differences.
- Willing to raise special (financial) gifts to offset training and other expenses.
- Results-oriented and a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Has a professional presence and poise; conveys credibility and commands attention.
- An independent thinker who also values collective IQ and collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an engaging communication style.
- Relates well to and effectively demonstrates genuine care for people
The Field Rep will already have a computer (desktop, laptop or tablet) with an operating systems that is Windows 7 or higher and a printer/scanner/copier along with office supplies.
- Satisfy background and reference checks.
- Review and sign the MIM Statement of Faith, Guiding Principles, Intellectual Property Agreement and the Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Complete No Man Left Behind training in a live environment.
- Complete Man in the Mirror online training.
- Complete Man in the Mirror commissioning service.
Recommended Near-Term Goal: Help 2 – 5 churches per year (or more) be more effective in reaching and discipling their men by implementing the Journey to Biblical Manhood or other intentional men’s discipleship strategies.